Enneagram Instincts Variant TestJun 27, 2023
The Enneagram Instincts Variant Test is a powerful tool for anyone seeking greater self-awareness and team awareness.The Art of Growth, a professional consulting, training, and coaching firm, has developed a free Enneagram Instincts Variant Test to help individuals and teams improve their self-awareness and team awareness. The test identifies a person's dominant subtype out of the three instinctual subtypes – self-preservation, social, and sexual (One-to-one) – and helps them understand how it influences their behavior and relationships with others. By understanding their tendencies and how they drive their behavior, individuals can work to cultivate healthier habits and tendencies. Additionally, the test gives insight into the instincts of others, which can be helpful for teams and organizations. Overall, The Art of Growth's Enneagram Instincts Variant Test is a powerful tool for anyone seeking greater self-awareness and team awareness. Best of all, it's free! TAKE IT HERE.
How does the Enneagram Instincts Variant Test work?
Have you ever wondered why you react a certain way in different situations? Or why your team members have different approaches to problem-solving? The Enneagram Instincts Variant Test can provide some insight into these questions.
First, let's break down the Enneagram. It is a personality typing system comprised of nine different types, each with their own core motivation and patterns. The Enneagram Instincts Variant Test takes this a step further by analyzing an individual's three instinctual drives: self-preservation, social, and sexual (one-to-one).
In the business world we often call the three instincts
Self Preservation: Preserving
Sexual or One-to-One: Pioneering
These drives are present in all of us, but they manifest differently depending on our Enneagram type. For example, someone with a Type One personality may have a strong drive for self-preservation, while someone with a Type Two personality may have a strong social drive.
The test consists of a series of questions that aim to uncover an individual's dominant instinctual drive and how it shapes their behavior and decision-making. The results are presented in three subtypes: self-preservation, social, and sexual. Each subtype provides insight into how an individual prioritizes their instincts and how it affects their approach to life.
So, how can this information be useful for teams and organizations? Understanding individual and team instincts can lead to better self-awareness and team awareness. It can help teams work better together by recognizing each other's strengths and challenges. It can also aid in team development and growth by cultivating an environment that supports the unique needs
How can I take the Enneagram Instincts Variant Test?
Taking the Enneagram Instincts Variant Test is a great way to gain a deeper understanding of yourself and your behaviors. Here are some steps to take the test:
1. Our Free Test is HERE. You will receive a ranking of your instincts to see which is your dominant, secondary, and repressed/resisted instinct.
2. Set aside some uninterrupted time: Taking the Enneagram test requires concentration, so it's best to take it when you are free from distractions.
3. Answer the questions honestly: The test involves a series of questions that help identify your primary, secondary, and tertiary instincts. Be truthful in your answers to get the best results.
4. Identify your Enneagram subtype: Once you have completed the test, you will be given a set of results that will help you identify your Enneagram subtype. The “subtype” is the combination of your Dominant Instinct with your Enneagram Type. For example: She is a Self-Preservation Type 1, He is a Social Type 4, She is a Sexual 7.
5. Use the results to grow and cultivate your instincts: Knowing your Enneagram subtype can help you understand your behaviors and tendencies better and allow you to cultivate the strengths of your instincts. It can also help you identify areas where you need to work on improving your instincts.
6. Listen to the Instincts Panel Series on The Art of Growth Podcast!
In conclusion, taking the Enneagram Instincts Variant Test is an excellent way to gain self-awareness and team awareness. By understanding your instincts and subtype, you can work on improving your behaviors and become a better team player. So, go ahead and take the
What are the benefits of taking the Enneagram Instincts Variant Test?
If you're looking to gain a deeper understanding of yourself and those around you, taking the Enneagram Instincts Variant Test can be incredibly helpful. Here are just a few of the benefits:
1. Increased self-awareness: By identifying your dominant instinctual subtype (self-preservation, social, or one-to-one (sexual), you'll gain a better understanding of your own innate tendencies and motivations. This can help you to recognize patterns in your behavior and make more intentional choices.
2. Improved communication: Understanding the instincts of those around you can help you to communicate more effectively. For example, if you know that someone has a strong social instinct, you might be able to better appeal to their desire for connection and collaboration.
3. More effective teamwork: When team members understand each other's instincts, they can work together more harmoniously. For example, someone with a strong self-preservation instinct might be focused on ensuring their own survival, while someone with a strong social instinct might be more oriented towards the needs of the group. By recognizing and respecting these differences, teams can work together more effectively.
4. Personal growth: By understanding your instincts and how they drive your behavior, you can work to cultivate healthier habits and tendencies. For example, if you have a tendency to prioritize your own needs at the expense of others, you might work to develop a stronger social instinct to foster more meaningful connections with those around you.